Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Reason for the Season Christmas Card

...........The Reason for the Season............
Christmas Crafts Celebrating Christ's Birthday

This holiday season is the perfect time to remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas...not the presents or the fun get-togethers, but that Christ was born. I certainly don't want to get rid of the wonderful traditions we all enjoy, but maybe we could fit more of Christ back into Christmas.

When my children were very young it was so easy to teach them why we have Christmas. I would tell them that Christmas was to celebrate how excited we are that Christ was born. It represents his birthday. They insisted we must have balloons and cake for Jesus. So we did. Now that they are older we don't talk about it so much. I think we may just have to have cake and balloons again this Christmas. I should have made it a tradition a long time ago.

Christmas Swivel Card
This swivel card is a great handmade reminder of the reason for the season. 
Here is how you make it:


I have a few more Christmas crafts celebrating the reason for this wonderful season. I want to share them with you soon. So come back to visit again.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post a lot. A simple testimony of Christ. And the card is very cute.

    ReplyDelete