Friday, November 29, 2013

November to Remember Keepsake Necklace

...A November to Remember...
Copper Keepsake Necklace
Keepsake Necklace modeled by my friend Shilo Hill
Photo by Kathy Dobson
Photo by Melissa Snyder


Time is going by so fast. I cannot believe November has come and almost gone. Today I’m thinking about holding on to memories that make me happy.

Most of my happiest memories revolve around family. My kind mom is one of my happy thoughts. She always makes everything homemade. She tells me it saves money, but the time and thought she puts into her homemade things express how much she cares. It makes me happy to remember my great grandaunt, who made me feel that everything I made was a work of art, even if it was just a handful of weeds in a vase. Thinking about my always-happy-to-help dad, my crazy-fun brothers and sisters, and my own sweet family are very happy thoughts. Life really is so good.

I made this necklace thinking it would be a fun way to hold on to some of these happy memories. It has a little keepsake locket to tuck a photo of someone special into. The necklace makes a great handmade gift too. This is how you can make it:

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Made my eyes leak a little...

    And bytheway, your handful of weeds in a jar really is a work of art!

    ReplyDelete